ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.About the Role:
As a Front-end engineer, you'll be part of a wider team compiled of creative and data-driven marketers. Working closely with the Web team which consists of the growth, analytics, design and content constituents. The successful candidate be an accountable stakeholder for web properties related to Consensys and the wider organisation, which may include our product teams. An attentive listener, innovative problem solver with a keen eye for detail is of absolute importance. You will be the go-to voice for projects from a technical perspective so will have extensive hands on coding experience in Front-End technologies. We are looking for someone that can perform under pressure and stick to tight deadlines and always seeks to deliver value. Main responsibilities:
- Optimising and testing page display
- Improving page Speed and optimization, code Modification and critical CSS
- Supporting on-call support requirements as required
- Determining and implementing design solutions in response to requirements and user-stories of requested features
- Software development to a high-standard as part of the team to complete the agreed outcomes
- Estimating the required effort to complete issues as part of the sprint planning
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Develop aesthetically pleasing user interface features
- Feature implementation, cross browser compatibility, responsive UI and Debugging
Bonus points for:
- Background in computer science, software engineering, or another related field
- Persistent problem solvers with a strong track record of building interesting projects
- Good knowledge of technology architecture experience (AWS/Cloudflare, Hubspot, CMS such as Wordpress)
- Strong testing practises
- Skills in developing UI/UX using Figma, Canva, Adobe Suite
- Passion for web projects, backed up by an online presence and portfolio of work (e.g., GitHub, Codepen, personal sites/projects)
- Experience building custom coded templates in HubSpot
- Experience in blockchain and building Dapps is a plus
- A background in startups is a plus
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes in our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here .