Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The crypto team helps Coinbase securely store, trade and interact with billion dollars of assets. We are at the forefront of crypto, operating blockchains at scale, designing new products and solving hard engineering problems to make the latest crypto technologies accessible to people around the world. We take on challenging problems in user experience, cryptography, security and blockchain technology.
On the Crypto Team, you'll be tasked with learning about new blockchains and technologies, and figuring out ways to turn them into products for our users. You'll work with leadership to turn ideas into reliable products and infrastructure for Coinbase, Pro, Custody and the Wallet. You'll work closely with engineers solving novel, never-seen-before problems in crypto.
A little about our team: we take continuous learning to heart. We often dive into computational, financial and economic theory to better understand the engineering problems we face. We also value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Work closely with engineers, designers and leadership to design & deliver crypto products that advance the Coinbase mission.
- Research and stay ahead of new and upcoming technology in the crypto space, and build relationships with key community members.
- Drive adoption of crypto-first product features, working closely with partners on product teams.
- Work with engineers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a strategy and roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in product management or elsewhere in a similar capacity ( product-minded engineer or entrepreneur)
- You're familiar with the crypto ecosystem, be it decentralized finance, NFTs, identity, staking, or more.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- You're an excellent communicator, comfortable talking to individual contributors and executive leadership.