Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Crypto team is focused on building the core cryptographic primitives and services to support the Coinbase mission with products and services. We build shared infrastructure that facilitates management of cryptocurrency assets on multiple blockchains. We solve hard engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on building high reliability, high security services for product teams. Check out more info on your career in cryptography at Coinbase here! What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Design and build the next generation of cryptocurrency-focused services for our cryptography platform by implementing the latest cryptographic protocols: threshold cryptography, zkSNARKs, anonymous credentials, cryptographic accumulators, and thinking through first principles.
- Implement cryptographic primitives to support the latest advancements required to further the crypto ecosystem.
- Write high quality, well-tested, secure features to ship to our customers.
- Partner with engineers and product teams to drive critical projects into a tangible roadmap.
- Coach and mentor engineers; help calibrate and develop the engineering team.
Nice to haves:
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Deep understanding and experience in cryptography protocols (signature schemes, zero-knowledge proofs, elliptic curves, encryption, etc.).
- Ability to understand and build new cryptographic primitives
- Passionate about improving and solving for complex cryptography problems.
- Proficient in a modern high level language Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Comfortable leading cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
- Previous production software engineering experience with cryptographic services.
- Experience with distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges.
- Experience in securing digital assets and cryptocurrencies