Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which now stands at 4.3+ billion in circulation. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Senior Accountant to be the lead representative in all customer transactional flow accounting needs across varying business units including reconciliation, journal entries, exception monitoring and analysis. As a multi-entity, international company, the Senior Accountant works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms and varying currencies. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the engineering, risk team and general finance team. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Oversee all product-originated customer flows, corresponding cash movements reconciliations and safeguarding of customer owned assets
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for domestic and international entities
- Ensure intercompany accounts are properly reconciled and eliminated in consolidation
- Perform fluctuation analysis on expenses to analyze changes in accounts and confirm they expenses are appropriately recorded to the correct account and department
- Work in collaboration with Risk, Compliance and Treasury departments to ensure that all reporting requirements are met, and to ensure ongoing appropriate capital funding
- Ensure intercompany customer accounts are properly stated and reconciled
- Documenting key accounting processes and performing related accounting operation controls
- Assist with relevant annual audit and tax reporting requirements involving customer activities
- Perform special accounting analysis and projects, as requested
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- CPA strongly preferred, Big 8 accounting strongly preferred
- Direct experience performing detailed and data intensive reconciliations
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.