Our AI startup client based in Santa Monica are growing out a new team and looking to build and grow across their engineering team. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction.
About The Role
Every member of the team is laser-focused on innovating on behalf of our customers. This position is highly entrepreneurial in nature, hence it requires candidates who can develop a full picture of the business problem to ship end-to-end solutions.
- This role is roughly 80% software engineering and 20% data science. You will work with Go, TensorFlow, PostgreSQL and various Google Cloud Platform tools to develop "the brain" of the platform. Specifically, you will
- Solve problems using mechanistic, bottom-up thinking and statistical, top-down approaches
- Develop novel mechanisms by which to optimize supply chain
- Build and improve the intelligence behind our logistics simulations and market optimization algorithms
- Implement and ship models to predict the demand for commodities at nodes in a logistics network, the availability of supply, estimated arrival times, delays and more
- Ability to design and implement AI tools in Go
- Experience in at least one ML framework, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience building solutions involving algorithms, optimization, reinforcement learning, artificial neural networks, discrete event simulation and case based reasoning
- Ability to execute with little oversight and to solve problems quickly
- Experience with function/path optimization and some of the more common algorithms - linear programming, BOBYQA, A* Search, simulated annealing
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
- We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered when applicable
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours