Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a security compliance senior TPM to help drive and implement the security GRC control automation roadmap and support control design. Additionally collaborate with teams across the company to understand and meet our security requirements. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Work cross functionally with Security, IT, Infrastructure, Engineering, Data, and Finance to provide guidance on security controls implementation including: effectiveness, implementation and automation
- Research, build and maintain tooling for testing and continuous monitoring of security controls across multiple platforms incl: AWS, Github and others...
- Own roadmap for continuous compliance across IT and Security control population with a goal of increasing automation coverage
- Perform effectiveness testing over security and IT general controls, identify and analyze process gaps, develop remediation recommendations, and track to completion
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to educate them and achieve continuous compliance over technology control environment
- Communicate progress, escalations, and issue resolution to management and team stakeholders
- Create procedural documentation, including training materials or process documentation
- Build relationships with a broad range of Coinbase employees at all levels to accomplish program objectives and further Coinbase Security GRC goals.
Nice to haves:
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to effectively and autonomously accomplish outcomes across cross-functional teams in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision
- Proven understanding and experience with security and audit of cloud technologies: AWS preferred
- Experience with product on audits, risk and compliance. Experience in system auditing, financial processes and systems, in-house developed systems, software code reviews, system implementations and testing of IT general controls.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Focus on precision and accuracy, and the drive to clarify ambiguity
- Experience with designing and managing large-scale and complex build, deployment tools, infrastructure, test environments, and test automation.
- Understanding of NIST CSF, ISO27001 standards and its role on Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- 7+ years of security/IT compliance or equivalent experience
- Experience with scripting languages such as: Python, JSON etc
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience with major tech companies
- Security certifications e.g. CISSP, CISM or other relevant certifications
- Experience mapping common controls across multiple frameworks in a GRC tool
- Deep understanding of SDLC and CI/CD
- Prior experience automating audit evidence collection