Product Designer About ConsenSys
ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. About MetaMask
We're building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we're working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 1,000,000 monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager. Meanwhile, we are building towards a future where MetaMask serves as an extensible, pluggable platform upon which an immensely wide array of decentralized networks, services and user experiences can be built. We're Hiring
MetaMask Mobile and the MetaMask browser extension are built by talented and passionate teams who care deeply about our mission. Over the months and years ahead, we will take our products in new directions while continuing to iterate on the features that made MetaMask the success it is today. We are hiring a senior product designer to help bring these ambitions to life.
This designer will:
What we look for:
- Solve user problems with your product/UX design toolkit and help MetaMask deliver a secure, accessible, and delightful experience.
- Collaborate and communicate with product managers, engineers and designers to understand user needs, technical feasibility, and acceptance criteria for design tasks.
- Create storyboards, wireframes, low-fi sketches, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual designs to meet needs of different stages of the product life cycles. Effectively address the diverse problems we are aiming to solve.
- Participate in collaborative design-thinking sessions, design sprints, and design critique/review sessions .
- Conduct, participate in, and analyze user research and usability testing results to validate assumptions and inform design direction.
- Balance usability and "don't make me think" principles with security, privacy, and transparency design values, advocating for these as needed.
- Articulate design decisions, learnings, and solutions to cross-functional team members.
- 2+ years (mid/intermediate level) of experience working as a software product designer.
- A deep and diverse portfolio that demonstrates complex problem solving with innovative design solutions in an end-to-end product design process.
- An iterative and experimental approach to product design that learns from real users and releases often.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Principle.
- Thorough understanding of design systems and experience working with and applying them.
- Basic knowledge of blockchain and the ability to design a product with technical and product complexity.
- Ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with a remote team.
- Effective and efficient written and spoken communication skills.
- Understanding of customer experience and the relationship between brand and product design.
- You are growth-minded, collaborative, and can enjoy some amount of ambiguity, autonomy, and freedom to experiment
- Experience leading UX research studies ( facilitating interviews, usability studies and/or focus group sessions) and analyzing results.
- Experience leading the building and maintenance of design systems.
- Ability to facilitate remote design thinking workshops.
- Active use of decentralized applications and blockchain technology for true insights into the space.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.