We are searching for an experienced frontend Software Engineering Lead to work in our Atala team here at IOHK, developers of the Cardano blockchain platform.
In Atala, we are developing Prism, a digital identity and verifiable credentials product. We are building a platform with a solid technical foundation that can be tailored to the needs of many business domains. The team is currently developing and delivering its product to the Georgian and Ethiopian governments. In this context, you will join a fast-paced environment where challenges lie in handling numerous product and commercial requests.
We are redefining and standardizing the concept of digital identity, leveraging the capabilities of Cardano and many other technologies. To further our goals and answer the business demand for our product, we need to scale up and structure our technical team appropriately.
In Atala, we own the solution end-to-end, designing and implementing protocols, services, applications, as well as infrastructure and deployment plans. The application team comprises four developers, for the most part external providers. Your immediate goal will be to take ownership of our application stack, and ensure the quality of deliverables, strong communication between backend and frontend engineers, and adherence to software development standards and best practices.
For this purpose, we need an experienced developer who can develop, lead, mentor and drive the application team.Your mission
As a leader at IOG your mission is to motivate and develop your team members. You will empower your team to provide the best results by organizing clear processes and coordinating team efforts as your top priority.
Here are some examples of the duties:
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team mates
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severe issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Update your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation.
- Can translate product requirements to technical requirements and vice versa
- Good understanding of engineering processes and a willingness to adhere to them and promote them
- Strong communication skills and experience of technical product ownership
- Ability to lead and mentor a small team
- Web development expertise
- Good understanding and/or experience in backend/database/app development will be a strong advantage.
Here are some examples of the tech stack we're looking for:
- CSS preprocessing
- NPM, Webpack, Gulp
- React/Angular/Backbone/Vue/Knockout/MobX/Rest API
- React Storybook
- MVC/MVVM patterns
- UX/design principles
- Knowledge of image and design tools eg, Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. South/Central America (UTC -3/-5) may be preferable because that's where the existing apps team is based (Argentina, Mexico) but it's really up to you!All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service