Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This mission of the International Compliance programme is to enable Coinbase to become the most Trusted crypto-currency services provider through the provision of industry-leading Compliance expertise and oversight.
The International Compliance Senior Associate will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all aspects of the International Compliance programme.
The role-holder will report to the Deputy Head of International Compliance and will be based in London. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Design and lead the Compliance Risk Assessment process for all International entities
- Manage the International Compliance policy and procedure framework
- Product advisory and identification and escalation of identified compliance risks as they relate to international expansion/ new product rollout
- Compliance monitoring and testing as required
- Supporting on the response to regulatory enquiries
- Compliance Governance, MI and Reporting
Nice to haves:
- Substantive experience of designing and implementing compliance frameworks
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal. This should include excellent report-writing and drafting capabilities
- Track record of delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Expertise - leader when it comes to regulatory knowledge in UK and ideally Internationally
- Prepared to voice concerns and challenges and key partner engagement skills and experience required
- Skilled at executing large, multi-functional and cross-organisational assignments that requires in-depth analysis.
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Dedication to diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Related bachelor's level degree required
- Professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite