Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for an exceptional paralegal to be a key teammate to the legal operations team directly supporting the corporate team. You will help support the company across a broad set of corporate matters affecting the world's most trusted digital currency business. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Direct role in corporate transactions of the company, including direct listing-related matters, mergers and acquisitions, and entity management.
- Direct role in equity related matters, including providing support for preparation and filing of Form 8-K, proxy statements, registration statements, and annual and quarterly reports.
- Direct involvement with preparation for annual stockholder meetings.
- Main point of contact for Section 16 matters, which duties include maintenance of SEC EDGAR Codes for Section 16 filers and preparing and filing Section 16 reports.
- Provide support for company's public company matters, including administration of insider trading policy and trading windows.
- Direct role in ongoing maintenance of director and officer records, including preparation of director onboarding materials and director and officer questionnaires.
- Support teams with other projects or tasks on an as-needed basis.
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's Degree with 5-7+ years of relevant experience as a corporate paralegal, either at a leading national firm, or comparable in-house practice, with exposure to high growth technology companies.
- Exceptional professional judgment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to process highly confidential data and maintain discretion.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support on projects when needed.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Proficiency with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Pro DC.
- Familiarity with Section 16 filing tools and resources, Diligent Boards and Entities, Jira, and Slack or other related software systems.