Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is committed to deterring illicit activities, protecting against exploitation by criminals, and complying fully with our legal and regulatory requirements. Being the most trusted brand in the industry is our key priority. We are looking for someone who shares our values, is a team player but can work independently, and who thrives in a dynamic environment. Investigation Analysts handle sensitive and high-risk cases and must maintain the highest ethical standards. Our Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer manages the Investigations Team. Responsibilities:
- Conduct compliance reviews and analysis in support of Coinbase's BSA/AML and other regulatory compliance policies and programs including investigating transaction monitoring program alerts, reviewing transaction and user activity, conducting research, and determining whether activity is suspicious and reportable to FinCEN in a Suspicious Activity Report.
- Respond to ad-hoc AML requests, escalate issues, incorporate feedback from manager review or quality control, assist with SAR preparation and filing, identify opportunities to improve processes and tools for greater efficiency.
- Remain current with industry standards and developments in the areas of BSA/AML, KYC and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations.
- Maintain detailed documentation to demonstrate compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience (conducting AML investigations, SAR preparation and filing)
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FinCEN guidance)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communications (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and work in a production-based environment
- Cryptocurrency or blockchain experience
- CAMS, CFE or CFCS certification