Our client is a post-seed health analytics startup, is looking for an experienced engineer to help build the infrastructure necessary to power data-driven insights for physicians to help them provide more effective and efficient care.
Healthcare costs and inefficiencies are one of the largest problems facing the United States, and improving healthcare quality can affect humanity on a global scale. Our client has the data, partners, and domain experts to help lead the transition to a sustainable health and economic model for the industry. We are backed by leading healthtech VCs and have strong traction among some of the nation's most advanced hospitals. We need someone to add their skills and leadership to make this vision a reality. ROLE:
We're looking for a Senior Engineer to join our small but very productive team. As we grow, we need someone with the skills and experience to take ownership of several functional areas, driving them forward both with their prolific contributions and leadership of others.
The ideal candidate has an architectural mindset, can evaluate system-wide platform decisions, and help set long-term company-wide technical strategy. They are a formidable engineer, a mentor to others, and are capable of assessing and making difficult tradeoffs. They are comfortable working in multiple languages at any given time, interested in doing deep research to choose the best tool for the job, and comfortable stepping into new challenges as diverse as managing a hospital security review or working directly with customers on data integrations.
The candidate will report to the Head of Engineering. SKILLS:
- Data management experience - moving large quantities of data through a multi-stage pipeline
- Python w/ TDD & CI
- SQL experience; both Relational and Columnar
- Full-stack web - experience building data-driven single-page-applications (React preferred) and the back-end APIs that power them
- Dev Ops - Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security - Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
- Communication - Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the executive team and across roles within the company.
- Ownership - Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- SQL (PostgreSQL, Redshift, MS-SQL)