I am looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join a leading Mission-Driven FinTech company that uses Machine Learning to plug the gaps in the American insurance industry.
- You will be adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for optimization and can leverage appropriate models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- The team uses a variety of data mining and analysis methods, a variety of data tools, builds and implements models, develops algorithms, and creates simulations.
- You must be very comfortable writing production-ready code to include testing and maintenance infrastructure, and able to put models and analysis into production with no support from engineering.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift rapidly as they corner opportunity.
- You can work independently, with little oversight or guidance.
- Proficiency in either Python or R, and expertise in SQL.
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud-based computing platform.
- Experience and working knowledge of data infrastructure, pipelines, and advanced data manipulation.
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau or Looker (preferred), or any other industry tool such Qlik, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.
- Excellent communication ability - you can explain your work in a way that anyone on the team can understand, and you can frame problems in a way that ensures the right question is being asked.
- Business Acumen - you are always eager to understand how the business works, and more specifically, how your work impacts the business.
- Enthusiastic yet humble - you are excited about the work you do, but you are also humble enough to embrace feedback - you don't need to be the smartest person in the room.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, data science or related field of study.
- Competitive base salary
- Impressive cash/stock bonus scheme
- Excellent benefits
- Flexible hours / WFH