Our client is developing magical 3D experiences for a well-known and beloved global brand.
Due to rapid growth, they have an opening for a 3D graphics engineering leader, with strong real-time & offline rendering foundations, to lead an innovative 3D graphics roadmap.
- web & mobile 3D graphics that push the envelope of engagement & realism
- photorealistic offline CGI rendering engines for 3D model generation
- high-volume synthetic CGI ground truth data pipelines for AI neural network training
- large-scale 3D asset baking & conversion pipelines
- optionally, for the right candidate: computer vision and light field photography
This position requires deep depth & breadth of experience with 3D graphics and rendering technologies, solid understanding of the foundations of 3D perspective geometry, creative problem solving skills, production software development experience, emotionally-intelligent leadership skills, and appreciation for visual aesthetics
Candidates with substantial computer vision and computational photography experience could take on an expanded role contributing to the development of scene perception technologies and wide-field novel view computational imagery.
- Strong foundations in 3D graphics & rendering (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred).
- Strong Computer Science and software engineering fundamentals.
- Track record leading small teams to ship software to non-trivial audiences.
- Hands-on mastery of modern GPU pipelines and real-time shader programming.
- Experience with modern, real-time, web & mobile 3D standards (e.g. WebGL, GLTF).
- Familiarity with physically based rendering, global illumination, and ambient occlusion.
- Solid understanding of modern 3D illumination & shadow algorithms.
- Hands-on experience with 3D modeling and ray tracing for photorealistic renders.
- Strong 3D math, including perspective geometry, linear algebra, matrix transforms.
- Must have appreciation for visual aesthetics and user experience.
- BONUS: Experience with image processing and digital photography algorithms.
- BONUS: Experience with computer vision, computational photography, or light fields.
- BONUS: Experience developing and training image-based deep neural networks.