Our client is a leading behaviour change technology company helping individuals and companies reach peak performance, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. We're leading the global conversation about well-being and performance and creating tools and programs that help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
As a Platform Engineer, you will play a significant role in building and operating core behavior change platform services.
Who we're looking for:
This role requires a stellar backend engineer with experience building data-intensive, cloud-based web services. We're looking for someone with a bias for action, who's comfortable working at a fast pace and can work with sometimes-ambiguous requirements. You will provide thought leadership on architecting and implementing highly available services that will serve as the foundation for our platform as we scale.
- Building a platform messaging/"nudge" service that drives behavior change by triggering and delivering millions of messages per month
- Designing and developing platform sensor and platform Integration services that leverage IoT and other types of integrations
- Working with the Infrastructure and Operations team to establish our
- Being a driving force behind our adoption of monitoring and alerting technologies to ensure we have a high-uptime product
- 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering roles, including
- 2 years experience working on cloud-based, networked server application architectures
- 2+ years experience building cloud applications/servers on AWS
- Solid knowledge of cloud infrastructure, and comfortable with multiple deployment patterns (monoliths, microservices, containers, and serverless)
- Excellent written and oral communication, with the ability to write and maintain excellent documentation
- Experience with protobuf and gRPCPrior position working on a B2B SaaS platform
- Experience with IaC tools such as TerraformA DevOps mindset and approach, with the ability to prototype and evolve new backend services from the ground up
- Experience with modern cloud-native runtime platforms and tech, such as k8s, Istio, and Envoy
- Some level of proficiency with another statically-typed language such as Java, as well as scripting languages such as Python and Ruby
What's on offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that's truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs