Social media shouldn't be creepy and it doesn't have to be. This app has been designed to protect your privacy with private threaded sharing. Focused on people you really know, they are making social media a safe, happy place again without personal data mining.
As a Product Manager, you will be part of a small, highly focused team building the next-generation consumer social platform. With a strong core team and top investors, we're looking for people who are passionate about building great products at a great company. You will be collaborating daily in multiple areas throughout the Company including Marketing, Design and Engineering.
You will ideate next level offerings, features, and designs for their core social product. You'll be an advocate for their users from idea to prototype to the implementation of the product. You will work hand in hand with design, dev, finance, legal, marketing, and support. You will need strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Passionate about creating great products
- Work with CPO and Product Team to fill product pipeline
- Work rapidly on new concepts and ideas
- Identify deficiencies and opportunities in current and future Product Roadmap
- Lead with well thought out new product idea introductions
- Evangelize products across the organization from a user's perspective
- Find efficiencies and tradeoffs in line with the overall company goals
- Own product lifecycle from prototype through development and scaling
- Collaborate with designers and dev teams to bring products to life
- Define clear plans with timelines and resources that meet deliverable deadlines
- Help define, build and manage a system to gain feedback from users
- Help define, build and manage a system to promote hits and eliminate misses
- Interface with users, peers, vendors, and press to promote products
- Strong understanding of current market and competitive trends
- Previous experience building products for the iPhone
- Previous mobile application development experience or related industry experience
- Excellent communication skills both inside the company and outward toward the public
- Strong technical background and aptitude
- PM's with prior social / mobile app product, design or dev experience; at least 5+ years required.
- Validated self-starter with strong-problem solving skills, deeply organized with unfailing attention to detail.
- Effective and efficient communicator.
- Extremely proactive, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
- Identify roadblocks and solve with invention, innovation, and empathy.
- Ability to plan and organize with and through people.
- Well-developed written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Bring critical thinking and thoughtful opinion.
- You need to be able to work independently with adaptability, integrity, tenacity and a love of learning, imparting your knowledge and ideas to leadership, peers and direct reports.
- BS or BA with 3+ years of experience in building successful social / mobile community products
- Bonus: MBA, deployed product in a shipped, well known mobile social app