Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain.com is looking for a Data Protection Officer / GDPR specialist to join a young, fast growing team at the heart of the digital asset & blockchain technology movement. Preferred candidates should have 5-7 years experience in a compliance related role with specialist knowledge of data protection regulations, ideally having applied these principles at a FinTech company or other scale-up company in a relevant industry.
The person will play a key role in helping the business build a globally sustainable, long-term compliance focused culture. They will have a rigorous, thorough and pragmatic approach to compliance, and be excited to use that skillset to champion the privacy rights of our users. The DPO will report to our senior management and will work closely with the legal and compliance team.
Responsibilities include advising on our compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitoring our adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects. You will also update and create policies that enforce compliance with legislation and deliver GDPR training to our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures.
You will need in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws and be familiar with our industry and the nature of its data processing activities. You should also know how to perform audits to our current procedures.
Ultimately, you will facilitate GDPR compliance through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Act as point of contact with supervisory authorities and internal teams, and client questions
- Identify and evaluate the company's data processing activities
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in product meetings to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Ensure we address subject access requests within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
- Liaise with our partners that process data on our behalf
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Perform audits and determine whether we need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Experience in data protection and legal compliance
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company's sector is preferrable
- Basic Familiarity with information security
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and stakeholders across the business
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all noncompliances
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a "Controller"):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller's recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller's behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.