ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/ . About Office of the CTO
You will be joining the Office of the CTO helping ConsenSys to scale and succeed, helping us to best utilize our usage of resources across different cloud environments. You'll be helping our product suite to change the world. About the role
- Be the cloud expert in the Office of the CTO.
- Help produce financial reports, and ensure that appropriate cost tracking mechanisms are in place across all the major clouds.
- Build the policies and procedures to help tracking and accounting and optimise development teams (tag all the things).
- Build the policies to help systemise provisioning of accounts and the management of permissions
- Support strategic partnerships and teams in the identification and negotiation of appropriate volume contracts with cloud vendors
- Work alongside the Security and DevOps Engineers in the Office of the CTO to help identify and document best practices
- Work alongside the Technology & Security team to manage cloud service provider-related support requests, including access, management, and account administration
- Work with DevOps and Product teams to ensure best practices for the various clouds are being used
Bonus Points for:
- Deep experience in at least one of AWS, Azure or GCP and consolidated billing across accounts (particularly Organizations, Management Groups, Billing).
- Working with tags for resources; formulating tag structures and rolling out of the same
- Experience with Cloudability (or equivalent) a bonus
- Generating Cost Reports for a cloud provider
- A constant desire to improve, learn more, and take things higher
- Strong communication and documentation skills as well as proven ability to work within a team
- Blockchain / Ethereum experience a strong plus
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems
- Experience working in a start-up culture
- A willingness to help out where needed - regardless of the scope of your role
- An understanding of the Blockchain and Ethereum ecosystem, with an interest and curiosity to learn more
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role. Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.