Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a Business Resilience Lead to implement the company's global business continuity management and disaster recovery program. Reporting into the Director of Security GRC, this person will design, organize, and lead all aspects of the global risk and resilience program, including business continuity management security risk management. The resilience mission will consist of guiding, documenting, and testing how Coinbase prepares for business impacting events. We're looking for somebody who is passionate about business continuity and risk management and who is driven to implement a robust program at a rapidly growing company. This person will have a passion for technology, experience with complex systems, and can demonstrate solid experience in risk management and business resilience. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the program, from defining the vision and strategy, creating and maintaining business impact assessments, directing risk assessments, conducting training and awareness, and coordinating drills.
- Build, train, and organize risk and resilience workstreams to implement your strategy.
- Develop a business continuity management framework to assist the business in identifying risks.
- Identify and track critical systems and operations that are crucial to the continued business operations in the event of a disaster.
- Work cross functionally with senior leadership, Security, IT, Infrastructure, and Engineering teams to coordinate and lead Disaster Recovery exercises, identify and prioritize remediation, and track completion.
- Implement and maintain disaster recovery plans and metrics to ensure the security and integrity of company technology and data, and identify program improvements.
- Own process-based remediation items identified in exercises, collaborating with partner teams to design new processes and policies that close gaps.
- Maintain compliance with all standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of international laws and country-specific nuances that can impact program implementation.
- Create reports as needed for various internal and external stakeholders, covering all aspects of BCP and DR.
Nice to haves:
- Proven leadership with 10+ years of business continuity, disaster recovery, or operational or security risk management at a technology, fintech, or financial services company.
- Strong technical aptitude with project management skills, capable of learning emerging products and creating plans to support the business.
- Experience with AWS-built environments, SaaS provider architecture, and cloud based disaster recovery methodology.
- Solid communicator and writer; experience with drafting project plans across multiple stakeholders, holding teams accountable to their deliverables, and producing final reports.
- Finely tuned ability to risk rank multiple high priority items and advocate effectively for technical teams.
- Experience in defining, implementing and enforcing risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations.
- Strong ability to work in a fast paced environment while still meeting deliverables.
- Business Continuity Certification (CBCP, MBCP, BCCE, etc.)
- Knowledgeable and experienced in crisis management best practices.