Where Futures Are Made - CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it - all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small.
With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic and the work is unlike any other firm in the business.
Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
The Technical Specialist - Post Trade Architect provides leadership and technical expertise in defining technical architecture in support of highly complex initiatives. The candidate will join the Architecture and Product Management team with an opportunity to drive real change through the adoption of disruptors including cloud and bilateral distributed ledger technologies. Amongst other strategic efforts the candidate will have an opportunity to collaborate with leaders across the organization in shaping CME's vision for deal submission, settlements, client integration, data analytics and distribution and regulatory functions. The candidate will be expected to establish strong partnerships with business stakeholders and technology peers in developing, socializing and facilitating prioritization around a multi-year technology roadmap.
- Focus on total cost of ownership with consistent consideration given to build versus buy options
- Act as technology evangelists for the enterprise, continually seeking out opportunities to leverage disruptive technologies to our strategic advantage
- Ensure strict compliance with architecture security standards, incorporating security impacts from the onset
- Improve timeliness, solution efficiency, and long-term planning by optimizing roadmaps across divisions and functional/non-functional demand
- Deliver greater client satisfaction by designing solutions and aligning our roadmaps to client insights within broader ecosystems
- Accountable and responsible for the design of efficient solutions and architecture, and the delivery of services aligned to business goals and visions
- Accountable to design solutions, drive road-maps, inform prioritization decision making, and the ultimate delivery of the solution
- Leadership to drive strategies and synergies with proximity to business and technology teams
- Identifies candidate technologies to meet business or technology requirements
- Facilitates comparison of different candidate solutions and makes recommendation
- Identifies opportunities and recommendations to optimize the system portfolio
- Define system architecture, review adjacent architectural proposals
- Design for data, components, interfaces and data flows for specific system group or major program
- Defines and documents data flows for integration across system groups
- Participates in governance processes
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience
- 8+ years of experience in relevant technology
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of encryption preferred
- Experience with or strong knowledge of block chain and/or distributed ledger technologies preferred
- Experience with or strong knowledge of cloud computing preferred
- Extensive knowledge of capital markets, with an emphasis on clearing and back office processes preferred
- Critical thinker with excellent judgment and strong initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences, win supporters and spur people to action
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining currency with technology that is rapidly evolving
- Thorough understanding of IT system environments and distributed computing i.e. operating systems, networking, applications, databases
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.