IOG is searching for a Research Fellow to conduct high quality research. You will be responsible for conducting high quality research, combining your well-developed research skills with a passion for collaborating in innovative research projects on topics such as distributed ledger technology. You will be interested in working within the Blockchain Technologies space, on topics ranging from scalability, to incentives, delegation and governance. You will work with our team of research fellows and contribute to different projects linked to our various development efforts. Your mission
- Representing IOG at academic and industry conferences and explaining technical information to the public.
- Writing research papers for submission to top cryptologic conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Reviewing technical pre-prints and manuscripts related to blockchain technology.
- Working independently as well as in groups together with other IOG researchers and external collaborators.
- Communicating effectively with development teams, including preparing specifications of protocols and algorithms.
- Participating in weekly research meetings.
- Some international travel and short relocation assignments as required.
- A PhD in mathematics or computer science with a focus on an area related to blockchain systems, such as cryptography, information security or distributed systems
- At least two years post-PhD research experience
- An excellent record of peer-reviewed publications
- Fundamental understanding of computer programming
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- The motivation to work at a high level of excellence
- The ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
- A well-developed understanding of the need for cooperation and collaboration, and a willingness to ask for clarification or help when needed
- An ability to be open and act with integrity when engaging in academic or technical discussions.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service