Our client is a fully remote data company headed up by a CEO who sold his last business for $400million.
Due to rapid growth, our client is seeking an API Engineer. he client just launched a geospatial API, and they are looking for an awesome engineer to take it to another level.About you:
- Nimble, move fast, have strong bias for action, thrive in uncertainty, love focusing on hard problems where the solutions are often not predefined.
- At least 80% of people who have worked with you put you in the top 10% of the people they have worked with.
- Are passionate about data, geospatial, and APIs, and are excited by seemingly-impossible challenges.
- 2+ years of production experience building customer-facing web applications or developer APIs
- Experience developing and operating external API is essential
- 1+ years of
- API experience with RESTful, OpenAPI;
- backend experience with serverless, SQL/NoSQL (postgreSQL), or Cloud Native AWS services, Kubernetes/EKS, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudFront, RDS, S3
- Solid understanding of the client/server technology stack (networking, compression, serialization, authentication)
- 1+ years of development experience on GraphQL
- Experience working on a large-scale production web application
- Experience developing and operating high-volume, low-latency real-time data processing workflows or distributed data services, and data API running at >10MM requests per month
- History of collaboration and contribution to open source projects
- You have built a product from end to end, from the first lines of code to launch
- You care deeply about the user experience, always taking extra steps to amaze and delight