Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world .
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our ambition is to build and define a best-in-class HR tech stack that seamlessly and elegantly supports Coinbase as we scale. To this end, we are reimagining HR technology at Coinbase and seeking a tech-savvy leader who can envision and architect an ideal future state. Under our new Head of HR Technology, we seek to centralize ownership and decision-making in a fully focused, dedicated team (vs. a legacy decentralized model). We are seeking an experienced leader energized by optimizing tech architecture, growing and scaling new teams and processes, and passionate about unlocking productivity and business growth by making work-life more seamless.
We are looking for candidates who are doers; who are energized by the opportunity to define and build toward a best-in-class future; who love keeping abreast of new innovations in the market; who are service-oriented and energized by partnering with colleagues and solving their problems with technology; who have the technical chops to understand the opportunity and challenges of any new solution; who will get in the weeds to define impactful interventions ; who can make informed decisions on when we should build, buy, or overhaul; and who thrill at bringing new solutions to life. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Assume centralized ownership of best in breed HR applications/tools. Partner with HR Leadership and cross functional partners to set vision and build toward a best in class future state
- Prioritize tech roadmap, working across various teams to understand needs, determine optimal solutions, and prioritize across competing needs
- Advise People Org centers-of-excellence (i.e. Recruiting, Talent Management, Learning & Development). Meet on a recurring basis to understand needs, prioritize technology enhancement, uncover opportunities for improvement and automation. Establish regular technical review and readout cadence
- Manage new HR technology RFP, implementation, and go-live process across HR centers-of-excellence
- Partner with people analytics team to update our HR systems to capture streamlined employee data from application to termination
- Work with Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) to prioritize/roadmap, manage resources, and implement new technologies
- Evaluate user feedback, preferences, experience and incorporate into technology to improve end user employee experience
- Design and deploy core HR technology projects in partnership with centers-of-excellence (COEs) facilitating delivery and managing organizational change
- Oversee team (1 current employee) to own back-end tech administration and define future team needs
- 7-10 years experience working in HR Technology or relevant field. 3+ years Workday experience at a fast paced, high growth company. (Although this role will not manage Workday)
- Understanding of the HR tech landscape and familiarity with existing and emergent software
- Strong detailed and conceptual thinking skills to analyze sophisticated problems and propose solutions despite technical and operational constraints
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy; ability to do root cause analysis to guide decisions and action plans where limited foundational/framework exists
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and international HR programs and processes (e.g., Compensation, Performance Management), and requirements working with the wider People team
- Significant project management experience related to implementation of new, complex programs, systems and/or processes
- Customer orientation and superb communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with both technical and functional audiences