Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Accounting Policy and Reporting function is an integral component of Finance's risk management and reporting process and driving consistent application of accounting across the company. We are looking for a Regulatory Reporting Senior Analyst who has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization, with a proven ability to thrive in a fast paced multi-task oriented environment. This position will play a crucial role in meeting our regulatory reporting obligations in various local and international jurisdictions. You will work and collaborate closely with many stakeholders across the organization, including regulatory compliance, finance, and data, to ensure the accurate and complete filing of our regulatory reports. This role will report to the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Prepare and coordinate quarterly and ad-hoc regulatory reports for state and international licensing bodies.
- Assist with internal, external and regulatory audits.
- Draft and maintain reporting & regulatory policies and procedures and ensure compliance with key controls.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to recommend and implement process improvements to enhance accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of the reporting process.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years experience.
- Regulatory or financial reporting experience, such as CCAR, Y-9C, and FFIEC 031.
- Experience with state money transmission license regulatory reporting a strong plus.
- Self-motivated and able to multitask.
- Desire to work in a fast growing and agile business.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Experience with reporting tools, such as Workiva and Netsuite.