Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The Strategic Programs Team is responsible for program managing large scale cross functional initiatives & operational processes at Coinbase. This team supports the Product, Engineering and Design organizations by serving as the connective tissue to the rest of the company in order to deliver world class products with executional efficiency. Strategic Programs comprises both technical and non-technical strategic and evergreen programs.
This specific role will focus on supporting PMs, EMs, and the Infra team to prioritize and implement solutions to scale our Infra processes and reliability efforts.
The Infra & Reliability team is responsible for our cloud infrastructure, developer productivity, site reliability, scalability efforts.
Read more about our values and culture here. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Partnering closely with the Infra Engineering team and other PMs across the org to ensure cross organization coordination, stakeholder management, and ownership of results.
- Work with a full-stack engineering team to build world-class infrastructure that can scale to power our industry changing crypto offerings.
- Put together a 12 month roadmap including quick wins and longer term infrastructure and programmatic investments
- Manage multiple backlogs and effectively prioritize new features vs. tech debt.
- Execute efficiently in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment where change is constant and creativity is a must
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- 7+ years of engineering experience working directly with infrastructure teams
- 5+ years experience in technology organization that builds large-scale distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects affecting many functions, including product, engineering, finance, compliance, and support. Ability to direct major cross-functional initiatives with effective prioritization and influence
- Direct engagement with Engineering teams on product development with a thorough understanding of software development processes including SDLC, Agile, and waterfall.
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Passion for cryptocurrency, financial markets, and the Coinbase mission