Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Global Head of Anti-Money Laundering. The role will be responsible for developing a Global Sanctions Compliance Program for all Coinbase entities, which will set forth policies, procedures and corresponding controls to ensure compliance with all Sanctions related requirements applicable for each jurisdiction in which Coinbase operates. You will serve as the global subject matter expert and escalation point for both to the wider AML function, including local MLROs, and X-functionally. The role will also manage relevant projects and Sanctions related initiatives. You will be required to build strong working relationships x-functionally, particularly with the Coverage and Product teams and work with senior compliance leadership in setting departmental priorities and resource planning and allocation to align with business objectives and annual plans.
To be successful in this role you will need to be quick to learn the cryptocurrency business, have a proactive, enthusiastic and positive attitude, have a strong knowledge of Sanctions compliance best practices, and be able to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment. The role will include responsibility for certain core compliance activities such as assisting with regulatory responses for and interactions with OFAC and other relevant Sanctions authorities, compliance policy document updates, and other general core compliance activities. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Key advisor on Sanctions risks, requirements and necessary controls
- Develop Global Sanctions Program working in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including AML, Legal, Payments Risk, Product/Eng, Compliance Tools
- Participate in leadership of financial crime compliance strategic initiatives
Nice to haves:
- Subject-matter expert in Sanctions regimes, specifically including OFAC, EU and UN programs.
- Practical experience handling sanctions matters and inquiries
- Understanding of sanctions compliance programs and controls
- Experience in analyzing sanctions implications for complex business issues and transactions
- Interest in supporting development of innovative products/services in cryptocurrency industry
- Experience in handling sanctions related matters involving cryptocurrency
- Experience in or dealing with a global financial institution