IO Global is searching for a Technical Architect to join our Cardano team. As a Technical Architect on this project you will take ownership and be accountable for technical decisions on a product. You will be designing solutions that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements driven by the needs of users of our products. We are looking for someone with excellent people skills because you will be in constant collaboration with our product managers, providing feedback on whether requirements can be met, presenting ideas for satisfying requirements, and providing a critical and impartial analysis of the pros and cons of the options.
As a Technical Architect you will be responsible for providing leadership and supervising development teams, and must avoid bottlenecks and architectural disagreements by delegating architecture tasks effectively and responsibly to the teams. You must be pragmatic about technical debt, and must be willing to make difficult compromises in the architecture to deliver minimum viable products within a reasonable time.Your mission
- To work with the team to plan, define and produce high-level designs for solutions, and explore options
- To plan iterations effectively to ensure that work is correctly prioritized
- Work with many different team members, including scientists, researchers and developers, to communicate design ideas
- Summarize technical details about proposed solutions to management and business decision-makers.
- To inspire, support, encourage and provide guidance to software engineers.
- A strong background in computer science/engineering
- A minimum of 2-3 years of industrial/commercial development
- A minimum of 1 year as technical architect
- A minimum of 1 year as leader of a software development team
- Practical experience with agile software development methods
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience of working with scientists, researchers and formal methods specialists
- Proven aptitude in: written and oral communication; organizing complex projects; and problem-solving.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position but preference will be given to those within an EU time zone.All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service