Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Our client is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we've redesigned payments from the ground up. We makes online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we've put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Play a mission-critical role in developing the future of online commerce. We are looking for someone who oozes passion, creativity, and love of building great things. Companies and consumers alike will rely heavily on what you build. You'll have a ton of trust and responsibility. So, if challenges excite you, and you're ready for a big one, let us know.
- Move fast, ship fast
- Build great things
- Take ownership of large projects
- Own product decisions
- Champion best practices and enforce technical standards
- Incredible work ethic and passion for what you produce
- 1.5 - 20+ years of professional engineering experience
- Ability to operate in a startup environment and execute in the midst of chaos
- Experience with backend engineering, linux, postgres/mysql, open source software, and cloud services
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Located in or willing to relocate to Bay Area and work in San Francisco
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Be 20% Wrong
As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we're not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you're not wrong 20% of the time, you're not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it's risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can't possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we're being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don't have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that's very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing
All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. We're not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We're here because we're obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only "All or Nothing" decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep It Simple
Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as "too simplistic", should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win As A Team
We want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers' successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism