TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING MANAGER
We have partnered with a global leader who owns and operates subscription-based services focused largely on analytics; providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation.
They are seeking a Technical Accounting Manager with 4+ years experience; who will be responsible for managing the Company's technical program, including provision of technical accounting research and conclusions on complex areas of accounting, technical accounting support for major transactions, technical accounting liaison and education for business unit finance teams, forming technical positions on adoption of new standards and drafting of technical accounting policy.
This position reports to the Director of External Reporting and Technical Accounting Responsibilities include:
In addition to the necessary skills and experience to perform the responsibilities outlined above, there are a number of traits that a successful candidate will possess:
- Lead technical accounting and accounting policy efforts for the Company, including development and maintenance of policies and practices and education of the finance organization on technical accounting compliance.
- Advising Senior Finance Management on potential technical accounting alternatives for complex transactions.
- Ownership of accounting for confidential matters requiring technical accounting expertise such as Executive Stock Compensation, Severance and Restructuring Accruals.
- Assist the team with establishing robust Financial Reporting processes and executing controls around Financial Reporting in a timely and diligent manner to comply with SOX requirements.
- Conduct research and document conclusions on specific US GAAP, and SEC disclosure and reporting developments.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. CPA required
- 4-7 years of accounting experience; Big 4 public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial disclosure requirements and techniques, including US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of solving problems in areas of accounting complexity.
- Experience presenting ideas to multiple stakeholders, including Senior Management.
US Citizens and Green Card holders, or those with rights to work in the USA without VISA sponsorship are encouraged to apply.