Back To All Jobs Security Analyst - User Trust
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a top tier target on the internet. Security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. If you're looking to fight on the front lines in a high-intensity environment, we'd like to speak with you about joining our security team.
User Trust is a small team focused on interacting with Coinbase users to help them prevent or recover from account takeovers (ATO). We leverage our understanding of digital currency, attacker behavior and empathy for our users in our continual push to make Coinbase the most trusted place to buy digital currency.
- Review accounts and transactions for potential hacker activity.
- Analyze customer level information to determine action for both customers and company policy.
- Design and monitor ATO detection strategies.
- Use data to improve anti-ATO strategies and the customer experience.
- Interact directly with Coinbase customers to prevent and assist with recovery from ATO events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Must be an intuitive, analytical thinker, with the ability to communicate analysis clearly.
- Must be able to effectively engage with customers during stressful interactions.
- SQL ability, or other database-querying language (Looker experience is a bonus!)
- 1+ years' experience in e-commerce, payments or financial services in Fraud Management and or Trust and Safety.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills - needs to be flexible to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of account takeover and hacker techniques.