Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The HR M&A Growth Lead will be directly responsible for leading the HR project teams accountable for delivering global HR integration and HR growth project delivery. Corporate Development continues to be a key component of Coinbase's growth strategy, and this role will be critical to the success of these deals.
This role is responsible for partnering with key leaders across the business to establish innovative & scalable processes to support expansion & integration across all People functions including recruiting, compensation, change and program management, global benefits, safety & security, on-boarding, and more.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized and experienced team player with a true talent and passion for collaboration. You are excited to create and drive scalable practices, and then continuously improve upon them. You are a creative, efficient, and positive problem solver who relishes the opportunity to jump into problems. You can go into the weeds to understand the granular details of your processes, and pull up to effectively communicate and escalate issues to stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Compensation. If you are excited about working across our HR team to deliver on fast-paced and high impact integration projects, we'd love to talk to you! What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Act as HR lead for end-to-end HR integration planning and execution for transactions of different types and sizes
- Partner closely with our Corporate Development Team, Deal Leads and HR Leads to drive deal integration from an HR lens
- Identifies project risks/gaps and creates risk mitigation plans.
- Coordinates work of all project and integration related efforts including operational issues.
- Identify and solve complex cross-functional challenges related to integration, including compensation, benefits, leveling, payroll, recruiting, onboarding, etc.
- Create and document scalable integration practices and playbooks to support increasing growth
- Continuously improve processes leveraging tooling and automation when possible
- Participate in growing the Total Rewards function by supporting broader-team initiatives, including hiring
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years of experience in HR M&A integration
- Additional 2+ years of experience directly working in two of the following functions: Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, HR Business Partner, HR Operations; Professional human capital related certification a plus (i.e. PHR/SPHR)
- Excellent Project Management and Communications skills
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize actions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a deep ability to understand what motivates others
- Track record of developing and managing internal people programs, policies, and process for scale in a high growth company
- Advanced business and global acumen with ability to partner both cross-functional and internationally
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and to juggle several projects with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- High integrity and discretion; People data is some of our most sensitive data, and we expect employees with access to this to act with utmost professionalism
- Experience in startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action
- Experience in companies with a global, distributed workforce
- Experience utilizing HR Systems, ideally Workday HCM