ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit here .About the Codefi product group
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments as well as enabling and growing decentralised finance (DeFi). Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (assets, payments, workflows, data, etc.). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.What you'll get to work on
As a Tech Lead at ConsenSys you will join a world class technical team, with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications. You will be part of the Codefi group and specifically focused on institutional products and building SaaS APIs/primitives and applications enabling the digitisation of financial and real world assets and money and managing their lifecycle and distribution. Our objective is to iterate and build applications for common digital assets use cases as well as build best-in-class APIs to enable developers in Enterprises and beyond to build new generation financial applications.
You will lead a multinational Agile product team of 4-5 software engineers/developers (with additional QA/DevOps engineers) delivering Enterprise-grade front-end services, best-in-class APIs and/or blockchain smart contracts compliant with the stringent technical and security requirements of our clients in the financial services industry. You will also contribute your technical leadership to the broader institutional group within Codefi across products (Assets, Payments, Workflow). As a Tech Lead you will divide your time between contributing to coding (50%+ of time), reviewing pull requests, ensuring quality and sustainability of output, helping groom and refine the backlog, documenting technical implementation of backlog items as well as leveraging your methodology and technical expertise to help your team during focused problem solving sessions and contributing to architecture decisions. Within the project team, you establish your credibility and lead the team by demonstrating outstanding technical judgement, advocating the benefits of agile methodology, and coaching team members individually to make the project an enriching and fulfilling experience for them.Job requirements
Bonus points for
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on Enterprise-grade projects or start-up products in production
- 2+ years building software at production scale
- 2+ years as a Tech Lead, leading a team of 4-5+ team members
- Back-end development: Typescript / Node.js (preference for Nest.js framework); a strong and versatile Java developer could be considered too.
Front-end development: React.js
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL, CI/CD pipelines, MQ technology such as Kafka or Redis, AWS and Azure infrastructure services, Docker, Kubernetes, Sonarqube.
- High testing standards for yourself and for others: expectation of rigorous unit testing, integration testing and component testing where appropriate
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Willingness to learn about the disciplines listed above, that you do not already have experience with.
- Experience working on agile projects in an Enterprise project or product/start-up setting
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Experience in Typescript
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- Work experience at a financial institution, or in the financial services sector
- Experience as Tech Lead in a remote team setting
- Experience in cryptography
- Demonstrated interest in DevOps topics
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, beyond the strict scope of your job
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here .