Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We are looking for a Director of Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity (BID) to join our Employee Experience team. This individual will be responsible for owning, executing and advancing our newly refreshed BID Strategy, which rests on the vision that every employee feels they belong and can succeed . They will build internal and external networks to progress this strategy, and increase belonging, inclusion and diversity across our global employee base.
We are seeking an individual who thrives solving challenging problems, balances empathy and pragmatism, and is looking to define what the next generation of Diversity and Inclusion programs can look like at high growth tech and finance companies. We believe that it's possible to be 100% committed to an inclusive workplace that values diversity where everyone is safe and belongs (and as part of that, working to root out and eliminate any intolerance or bias that exists at the company), and simultaneously maintain laser focus on our mission. To this end, we have made a public stance that Coinbase won't issue external statements on topics beyond the scope of our mission of building a more open financial system and expanding economic freedom, while also redoubling our commitment to making the company an amazing place to work for all employees, regardless of background. We're excited to find a future leader who runs towards challenging problems and can help us craft innovative solutions to build a new and better future.
Lastly, we are seeking an individual who can connect the practices of BID with the needs of the business. This role is critical for Coinbase because we believe BID programming is critical to attract and retain top talent, which is critical to building the products and technology of the future. In other words: BID creates business value. We're excited to find a candidate who feels the same. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Project Management and Operational Execution: Lead the implementation of our BID strategy through cross-functional stakeholders and teams. Ensure internal alignment on goals, and cohesion in execution. Plan, execute and deliver experiences that foster belonging for all employees, and with a specific focus on creating equitable opportunity for underrepresented employee groups.
- Cross-functional Leadership : Partner with leaders across the organization to implement D&I practices into their end-to-end employee processes and programs; Partner with our talent teams to create a dynamic recruiting strategy that activates underrepresented groups, with a focus on expanding top of funnel recruiting efforts through community partnerships, emerging and industry talent, professional associations, etc.; Work closely with leadership on strategy, programs, and execution of all diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Build and Foster Community : Create and develop supportive, inclusive learning communities and manage the Employee Resource Groups (ERG) program. Facilitate the monthly Belonging & Culture meeting. Support the development and administration of ERGs.
- Drive Business Value: Take a data-driven approach to BID, which includes owning (and iterating) on our existing framework for measuring the impact and effectiveness of belonging, inclusion, and diversity, and connect what we see in the data to an understanding of BID's impact on culture and the Coinbase experience; Leverage new and existing data to make informed decisions throughout the employee life cycle, from how we attract and select talent, to how we grow and retain it.
- Champion BID: Be a strong voice for inclusion and belonging with internal and external audiences, championing our culture and values to audiences in all communities; Build and represent Coinbase in external partnerships. Play a vital role in culture across the entire company by supporting expansion efforts globally.
Nice to haves:
- Growth mindset: a curiosity to approach (hard) problems in novel ways and an orientation toward continuous learning
- Structured problem solver: can tackle complex problems, developing data-driven solutions
- Operational prowess / change management : ability to craft practical operational plans to achieve clear, measurable goals
- High emotional intelligence: an ability to connect with people with varied views, actively listen, coach and influence to drive toward common goals
- Ease with data : a facility working with data to understand a problem, to tell a story, to influence others
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information.
- We are looking for experienced professionals (7-10 years) and are open to a variety of backgrounds including but not limited to: experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), People Strategy & Operations, HR, Management consulting
- Belief in the business value of Belonging, Diversity and Inclusion is a must
- Master's degree in Business or HR-related program.