Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The IT Operations team is comprised of Global Service Desk (you!), Endpoint Management, Identity and Access Management, Global Office Expansion, and Infrastructure and A/V. GSD works closely with each team on various projects and is the main source of support for the company. We have a growing team with presence across the globe. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Provide amazing day to day and on-call support for hardware and software for incredibly seasoned to novice users and everything in between
- Support Coinbase's SaaS tools, compliance practices, on- and off-boarding processes, and collaboration hardware in conference rooms and event spaces
- Learn, document, train, and support new applications and IT procedures, always keeping a keen eye on opportunities to refine and increase efficiency
- Point person for all technology in the Tokyo office, including monitoring, maintenance, risk assessment, and acting as incident commander for an IT system outage.
- Mentor and upskill our less seasoned IT team members
- Creating detailed and impactful documentation and training for your peers and our user base
- Liaise with the product and operations teams in Japan, regulators, and other stakeholders on technical matters
- Providing support to connect local banking partners with the Engineering team in the US
Nice to haves:
- Fluent in English and Japanese, and the ability to facilitate technical communications between English speaking, US based teams and Japanese speaking teams and business partners
- Technical support expertise on OSX, iOS, Chrome OS, and Android operating systems, Windows / AWS Workspaces administration
- Mid-level understanding of system architecture and integrations, and the Coinbase product
- Senior agent level knowledge of Jira Service Desk, or similar ticketing system
- Mid-level networking knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Strong administration experience with Google for Business, Atlassian, Okta, Jamf, Slack
- Demonstrable troubleshooting methodologies and root cause analysis
- Able to move and setup hardware and peripherals around the office
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience managing service vendors
- Experience project managing medium to large scale rollouts
- Postgres SQL, Snowflake, GitHub, Panorama experience