Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We are reimagining People Analytics at Coinbase, and you will have the opportunity to build the strategy and team from the ground up. We are looking for candidates who are doers; those who are energized by the opportunity to define and build toward a best-in-class future, but with the technical chops to get in the weeds, build our foundations, and scale our People Analytics practices for the next phase of Coinbase's growth.
Data-backed decision making is core to Coinbase's culture, and our People Analytics team strives to introduce data to inform, and ultimately drive, every people-related decision we make.
Today, we partner with our Executive Team and other key leaders to ensure they have a deep understanding of their team's composition, health, engagement, and performance through dashboarding and bespoke analysis, help them anticipate key People decisions, and help them make those judgements with high confidence by providing the data they need. Tomorrow (under your leadership), we aspire to build a differential capability using data to identify, attract, retain and develop highly engaged and high performing teams. What you'll be doing (ie. Job Responsibilities)
What we look for in you (ie. Job Requirements)
- Build, attract and lead a team of 3-4 analysts and data scientists.
- Set the vision and strategy for People Analytics at Coinbase, enabling us to scale smartly.
- Build and maintain the People Analytics database. This includes constructing the architecture, and integrating multiple systems and data sources to build large and complex data sets to make them usable for analytics studies.
- Develop core metrics and dashboards to ensure our business leadership have easy access to the right information when monitoring organizational health and making talent decisions.
- Initiate and execute on data-guided analyses to help solve, inform, and support our Executive Team and our Employee Experience Centers of Excellence (i.e., Learning and Development; Total Rewards; Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity, etc.) drive a highly engaged and performant employee base.
- Leverage our People Data to proactively identify new opportunities to drive high engagement, retention, and performance across the company.
- Collaborate with the Centers of Excellence to design programs with end state analysis in mind (i.e., talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, etc).
- Develop compelling, logically structured presentations that can synthesize complex data into clear, actionable next steps.
- Keep up-to-date and introducing latest trends from technology, people analytics, and data science research to inform our team's strategy.
- 8-10+ years relevant experience covering: building and managing high performing analytical teams, statistical techniques, advanced research design, and analytics/decision sciences with expertise in predictive modeling, time series forecasting, natural language processing (content and sentiment analysis), network analysis, machine learning, data mining, etc.
- Experience with SQL, and other analytics tools, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio), and data pipeline tools (e.g., Airflow).
- Experience managing and working with large databases, data management, including understanding of various data structures and common methods in data transformation, data validation and audit.
- Passion for HR innovation and a clear vision for how we can use People Analytics to drive meaningful impact towards business priorities.
- Excellent consultative and collaborative skills - ability to translate business problems into research/analytics studies, as well as ability to communicate the results of analyses with business partners to impact strategy and action
- High integrity and discretion. People data is some of our most sensitive data and we expect employees with access to this to act with utmost professionalism.