Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
We're looking for an experienced designer to join our Design Systems team at Coinbase. The Design Systems team at Coinbase is a multidisciplinary team of: Designers, Illustrators, and UX Writers. Our Engineering team is also tightly integrated with our Design Systems team. You'll be helping build the Coinbase Design System, working closely with our cross-functional partners, to build out a unified design system that brings all of our products at Coinbase together under a common design language.
What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product, and Research to drive cross-functional alignment, define strategy, and build out the Coinbase Design System
- Design scalable systems and frameworks with a focus on long term durability
- Create detailed documentation for the Coinbase Design System to outline guidelines and standards
- Advocate the design system within our company by communicating strategy, plans, and updates across the organization to help drive adoption of the Coinbase Design System
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Experience successfully designing and building durable design systems at scale within a large product organization
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to partner with cross-functional partners, to drive towards successful outcomes
- Excellent understanding of best practices and processes around governance and maintenance of large scale design systems
- Proven technical understanding of how to build and architect scalable design systems within a product-driven company
- Sound attention to detail and craft
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Ability to write code and find your way around a codebase