Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As an Account Manager, Client Services, you'll join a high functioning team of passionate support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. You will serve as a primary subject matter expert for Coinbase's institutional suite of products (Prime Broker and Custody), providing world-class service and support to our most valued institutional clients such as hedge funds, investment managers, market makers, and private wealth managers. Diligent, empathetic, and have a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in the success of the Client Services organization as we help build the cryptoeconomy. What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Serve as the primary account manager for a group of Coinbase's highest value institutional clients, co-owning the relationship with our Institutional Coverage sales teams from top of funnel through on platform support
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing Coinbase institutional clients, driving successful integrations with the institutional product suite and impact to the overall business
- Provide a best in class experience for our clients through effective stakeholder management, decisive prioritization, and efficient execution across institutional teams
- Understand complex, multi-product client workflows and strategies to ensure that our institutional clients are integrated appropriately and using our product suite optimally
- Effectively triage, manage and prioritize incoming client requests. Manage requests through to resolution, including delegating across teams of subject matter experts
- Facilitate prospect and client demo calls, serving as subject matter expert on product features, answering technical cryptocurrency related questions, and demonstrating how Coinbase can fit into their overall strategy
- Distill client feedback to internal teams including Advocacy, Engineering and Product when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback
Nice to haves:
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless, white-glove support experience for our highest value individual and institutional clients
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in an institutional client partner / services / advisory role in financial services or technology industry
- Experience with relationship or account management for institutional clients, liaising with executive leadership, management, and/or senior operations contacts
- In depth knowledge of global financial markets, prime brokerage, margin, lending, derivatives, trading platforms, custody, and/or crypto
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail and/or chat
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and clients
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and client locations (depending on business need)
- High level of proficiency in cryptocurrency and Coinbase products
- Advanced degree in business, finance, project management or client experience