Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which now stands at 4.3+ billion in circulation. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity. What you'll be responsible for:
As the Director, Finance & Strategy, you will be an integral part of the Finance team reporting to the VP Finance and Treasurer. This individual will partner with functional leaders to monitor spend and resource planning, partnering with the organization to bring insight into how investment translates into profitable growth. The Director will collaborate with the VP Finance and Treasurer to support Corporate Development activities through financial analysis of organic and inorganic growth opportunities, as well as assist with building out the Investor Relations function at Circle. We are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated individual who seeks a collaborative, iterative and fast-paced environment and has a 'no job is beneath me' attitude. You will partner with the VP Finance and Treasurer to, over time, build out a strong strategic finance team focused on bringing visibility into the health of the business through reporting and company-wide reports. You will have an opportunity to grow your career exponentially through hard work and dedication. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Partner with functional leaders to provide reporting on spend and resource planning
- Drive standardized reporting and build strong relationships with executives across different functions of the organization
- Work with the Growth, Product Marketing and Marketing organizations to integrate related analytics into our forecast, sales and revenue planning
- Lead the company wide annual budgeting process and ownership of the short and long-term models
- Create monthly reports measuring the health of the company relating to revenue and opex
- Partner with executive leadership to help drive sound decision making
- Lead the implementation and use of revenue forecasting tools
- Develop and standardize board level reports and presentations
- Assist in creation of the Investor Relations function, and engage with a wide range of outside investors
- Significant exposure to sell side bankers, investors, and other financial services professionals
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company and the clients and customers that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience.
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a dynamic, global financial organization. Prior experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or venture capital strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will have a consistent track record of outstanding financial and strategic analysis and delivering meaningful recommendations based on this analysis.
- Display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of business managers. S/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Financial system development experience is not required, but ideally candidates have proficiency working with automated reporting tools (i.e., Netsuite/Adaptive, Workday financials, etc.)
- Strong communication skills to tell a story using financials and to demonstrate the future vision of the company.
- Experience taking detailed information and synthesizing to create executive level presentations.
- Track record of developing partnerships with stakeholders up to executive level and the creation of performance dashboards and repeatable processes.
- Aspirations to go beyond finance and understanding every part of the business to provide elite partnership across the organization.
- You excel in a fast moving, innovative and evolving startup environment.
- 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance required, MBA preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.