Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the largest production blockchain platform in the world, powering more than 50 million non-custodial wallets. We share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a talented data engineer to join our Consumer Data Science team. The group is part of a larger DS team and focuses on customer analytics and modelling, informing all product decisions and creating models to improve efficiency, growth, and security. In order to do this, we use data from various sources, and of varying quality. Our ETL processes serve both the wider company (in the form of clean, simplified tables of aggregated statistics and dashboards) as well as the Data Science team itself (cleaning and processing data for analysis and modelling purposes, ensuring reproducibility).
We are looking for someone with experience in designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines and our data lake. As a data engineer, you will be involved in all aspects of data collection, cleaning and processing, ensuring quality and availability of data. You will collaborate closely with data scientists, platform, and front-end engineers, defining requirements and designing new data processes, as well as maintaining and improving existing ones. We are looking for someone who is passionate about high quality data and understands the impact they have in solving real-life problems. Being proactive in identifying issues, digging deep into their source, and developing solutions, are at the heart of this role. What you will do
What you will need
- Maintain and evolve the current data lake infrastructure and look to evolve it for new requirements
- Maintain and extend our core data infrastructure and existing data pipelines and ETLs
- Provide best-practices and frameworks for data testing and validation and ensure reliability and accuracy of data
- Complement our data scientists by providing a reliable, secure and maintainable modelling framework that can be used to easily deploy models to production
- Design, develop and implement data visualization and analytics tools and data products
Nice to have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or any other technology related field
- Previous experience working in a data engineering role
- Fluency in Python
- Previous experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience with Git
Compensation and perks
- Experience with Airflow or Google Composer
- Experience with other programming languages, like Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Experience with Spark or other Big Data frameworks
- Experience with distributed and real time technologies (Kafka, etc..)
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Benefits: dependant on employee location
- Flexible hours and smart working options
- CV/Resume or Linkedin profile
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a "Controller"):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller's recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller's behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.