Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
The primary goal of the Communications team at Coinbase is to increase participation in the crypto-economy by driving crypto ideas into the mainstream, engaging and building loyalty with customers and employees, and educating audiences inside and outside of the company about the role Coinbase plays in shaping the future of finance.
Internal Communications delivers on this goal by supporting a world-class employee experience and building a premier employer brand. The work of the team ranges from continuous improvement of the systems and structures that support how people and teams communicate to planning and producing significant all-company events. This work is particularly critical as Coinbase has affirmed its commitment to being remote-first , underscoring the need for efficient, effective internal communications throughout the organization.
The Internal Communications Manager will report to the Director of Internal Communications at Coinbase, and work with diverse groups across the company to tell powerful stories, design communications and change efforts, and help define communications standards and norms across the company. The person in this role has an opportunity to significantly shape how Coinbase communicates as it enters its next growth phase with more than 1,000 employees. What you'll be doing:
What we look for in you:
- Ensuring employees have the information they need to be successful at the micro and macro levels
- Creating systems that allow Internal Comms to scale support in a rapidly growing company
- Developing a deep understanding of the company's history and the vision for where we're headed
- Maintaining a broad understanding of the needs and dynamics of each team to best advise them
- Partnering with team leads to develop and disseminate organization- and company-wide communications
- Proactively identifying opportunities and developing new programs to uplevel internal communications
- Working closely with the People Team to ensure Coinbase remains a place where all employees belong and are included, and to develop creative ways for Coinbase employees to become the best ambassadors for our brand
- Shaping educational materials to build understanding of communication best practices
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years experience in a role specifically requiring exemplary communications skills
- Experience interfacing with executive-level "clients" (either in an internal or client services role)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extremely organized (gets energy from roadmapping, planning, envisioning the path)
- Passionate about the details and the big picture
- Able to think and do-someone who can both generate ideas and implement them
- Equally strategic and creative, able to find opportunity where others see roadblocks
- Flexible in the face of organizational change and shifting priorities
- Proven success building and implementing programs that inform and delight
- Able to balance speed and quality, with an acute sense for what matters most in a given moment
- Deep curiosity about the intersection of technology and finance
- Deep commitment and passion for creating a diverse, inclusive and safe culture for all employees
- Experience at an organization that has scaled from hundreds of employees to thousands
- Experience at an organization that has built culture across distributed offices
- Experience working in professional services (agency, consulting…)
- Experience as a designer or partnering with design teams