Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. What you'll be responsible for:
As a Senior Data Analyst, you'll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience and mitigating the associated risks. You will conduct in-depth analysis to draw insight around product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to test and implement business logic that reduces the sources of financial and reputational risk for the business. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Maintain a software stack of automated monitors and alerts to keep tabs on any abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule efficiency and performance.
- Design, implement and maintain intuitive dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Perform complex data analysis on customer behavior, risk strategies and rule accuracy and performance to draw insights and propose applicable changes.
- Design, test, implement and monitor logic for new or existing risk rules around KYC, fraud, account-takeovers and anti-money laundering.
- Design, calculate and monitor Risk goals and KPIs.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of all risk related documentation.
- Develop, analyse and improve the relevant risk scoring systems (Frameworks / ML Models) for optimal real time decision making.
- Automate risk processes, where possible, with the relevant tools to ensure scalability of all risk operations.
- Build, deploy and maintain relevant automated controls to ensure data integrity and completeness.
- Drive the enhancement of data tools available to data analysts at Circle.
- Support all other Risk Team workload (i.e onboarding, customer support, troubleshooting, dispute management, etc) and business needs (data requests, reporting, etc) as required.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 3+ years' experience as Data Analyst in a data intensive environment, working with large data sets.
- Advanced SQL skills required (postgreSQL, Redshift, Athena) to extract data from a variety of data sources.
- Extensive knowledge of Python & strong data visualization skills.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably on the technical side in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to take initiative and find creative and scalable ways to solve problems.
- Interest and knowledge of data and statistics.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments using time-management and prioritization skills.
- Experience working in payments, risk or chargeback /fraud role a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.