PRINCIPAL APPLIED DATA SCIENTIST - 8+ YEARS INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE SEATTLE
We have partnered with a dynamic startup that are creating a digital engagement and ordering platform for restaurants. Their team combines engineers, data scientists, designers and industry experts who are making personalization and convenience the new standard for all customer experiences.
They are looking for a Principal Data Scientist, with 8+ years of industry experience, to guide the team's development of predictive data products, such as product demand forecasts, customer lifetime value, personalized product recommendations, and more.
You will also lead the team through the design and delivery of optimization algorithms based on these predictive data products and trained through programmatic experimentation, for brands to use in personalized marketing and promotional offers so they can efficiently maximize growth.What You'll Do:
- Guide the team's engagement with software engineering and product management counterparts to design our data and machine learning infrastructure, including collection, storage, processing, model training and validation, experiment design, and finally automated optimization.
- Data normalization and integrity: we'll be developing our machine learning data products from heterogeneous data from a large variety of brands that cover thousands of locations with millions of customers. This will require clever solutions to ensure the data they send us is readily available, easy to use and reliable.
- Predictive modeling and data products: you'll be the primary architect, guiding the team's use of models that power our forecasting and recommendations, which are at the core of this team's work and our Customer Growth Platform offering.
What's on offer:
- PhD in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 8+ years of demonstrated success using machine learning model development to solve business needs
- Expertise in at least one statistical software package or language such as Python, R, Stata, Matlab
- Expertise using big data and machine learning infrastructure and tools, such as SageMaker, Spark, AWS Glue, Redshift
- Expertise in partnering with software development leaders to design scalable data and machine learning infrastructure
- Competitive Salary
- Equity/Stock Options
- Health, vision, dental insurance coverage
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance and Dog-Friendly Office
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Regular company outings and events