Our fast-growing tech company in San Francisco who are solving the big problems around food waste and the fresh food supply chain--focusing first in grocery. They are using a cutting-edge AI combined with thoughtful design to enhance decision-making and optimize store workflows. The results are powerful: in live deployments in grocery stores, we have demonstrated the potential to double profits and reduce food waste by 50%.
They're growing fast and are in partnership with 4 large regional grocers representing 500+ stores and >$10B in revenue. Our backers include Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt's firm) and Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitchfix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram).
Due to rapid growth, our client is seeking a Product Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Own your product vision and roadmap. Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your decisions. Evangelize your vision and excite others with where you want to take your product
- Deeply understand the market and our customers in order to build products that deliver massive value to our customers and the broader fresh food ecosystem
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations, Engineering and Design to realize our product vision by taking products from conception to launch
- Build strong relationships with partners and customers in order to inform roadmap and product prioritization
- Develop user stories and product requirements, engage in usability and prototype testing and define and monitor success metrics for maximal impact
What skills do you need?
- 3+ years experience building customer-facing software as a Product Manager
- The desire to dive into an industry with huge problems and opportunities in an effort to drive transformational change
- The ability to make decisions in the face of uncertainty and with incomplete information, and an eagerness to learn from the outcomes
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning and communication skills
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility