Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As the Manager for Crypto Operations, you will lead the team responsible for providing support for our retail crypto features and DeFi products. With a combination of in-depth crypto protocol expertise, a strong technical skill set and experience in scaling support teams, you will play a major role in crafting our strategy for crypto support globally. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Manage a team of high performing customer support analysts focused on Crypto Operations.
- Serve as a domain expert for new and existing crypto features and protocols.
- Act as a trusted point of contact for escalations and high priority issues related to crypto support.
- Ensure alignment across regional Crypto Ops teams and vendor sites through consistent communication and shared business objectives.
- Achieve service level agreements for all teams supporting the crypto scope.
- Provide leadership guidance based on industry best practices, thoughtful delegation and performance management.
- Focus on team growth and enablement through mentorship, career development and employee engagement.
- Collaborate with internal support teams across Advocacy, Tools, Quality and Training to help launch or improve product support workflows.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-driven business decisions.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, ruthless prioritization and efficient execution.
Nice to haves:
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Experience scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, i.e. voice, email, social and chat.
- Excellent track record of managing deeply engaged and high performing teams.
- Subject matter expertise and interest in the crypto ecosystem.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations, based on needs.
- Experience at crypto exchanges or in financial services, ideally in payments, trading operations or technical support.
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics or quality assurance.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or blockchain.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.