Abra aims to be the WhatsApp of money. We're transforming the world of payments by making it simple to send money to anyone, anywhere, whether or not you have a bank account or credit card.
We are an early-stage startup with high aspirations, and backed by several top-notch investors. We already support over 50 currencies, and have launched worldwide! About the job
We're looking for a DevOps lead with a broad range of skills to own the cloud based infrastructure that powers the Abra platform. Experience automating environments in the AWS environment with robust monitoring and backups to ensure the applications are highly available is critical. A desire to work with new technologies, such as containers, is essential, as well as an understanding of 'classic' Unix/Linux systems administration. Experience with automation languages such as bash, python and ruby, and a knowledge of major automation frameworks such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, and Terraform is also a requirement. A strong security background is a plus. The role will oversee various IT functions within the office.
The role is full-time, and located in Mountain View, CA. Qualifications
What we offer
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong programming and analytical experience with a variety of automation tools.
- Experience with code diagnostics and forensics.
- An understanding of Distributed Systems and Scalable Architectures.
- An understanding of the tradeoffs involved in cloud architectures.
- Experience with Database Administration including RDBMS systems like Postgres and MySQL.
- Knowledge of how to setup and manage a data warehouse such as RedShift.
- Experience working with build infrastructure to ensure reliable deployments of new releases
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight.
- Medical, Dental and 401(k)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity (full-time), commensurate with a company at our stage
- Catered lunch daily with both healthy and unhealthy options and an office stocked with snacks across the spectrum
- Unlimited PTO. We trust you to get your work done
- The opportunity to shape your own role
- The opportunity to have a high impact on the company, and hopefully on the world, too