ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/ . About ConsenSys Quorum
ConsenSys Quorum is an open source protocol layer that enables enterprises to leverage Ethereum for their production blockchain applications. Businesses can rely on Quorum to provide the enterprise-grade networks they need to unlock value with blockchain. On top of Quorum, you can integrate product modules from ConsenSys, third-party vendors, or your own in-house development to build high-performance, customizable applications. About the role:
If you love working with open source communities to produce great resources for developers, consider joining ConsenSys as a Senior Technical Writer. ConsenSys produces open source software for the Ethereum ecosystem for both developers and enterprises, and we want to make sure that everyone who wants to contribute and/or use our software has total clarity on how to do so.
ConsenSys is currently seeking a Technical Writer with a passion for the developer experience, and particularly enterprise blockchain software. You will have an interest in or experience writing documentation for Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud services, and/or DevOps-you are passionate about the needs of users in relation to these and communicating related concepts clearly.Our ideal candidate can comprehend blockchain and Ethereum concepts quickly and understand the user journey from multiple perspectives. -
You'll be comfortable working directly with development teams without extensive design or requirements documentation as input.Our daily work involves reviewing engineering pull requests, building the latest master, and using our command line products to see it working for yourself. Having a dig around in the code base is sometimes the best way to answer a question.
We're remote first and our tech writing team and developers span multiple timezones. The reality of this means working on multiple workstreams at once. The ability to independently manage multiple tasks and changing priorities will be key to success in this role.
You will work with our product managers and directly with our user base (generally developers in our community chat channels) to identify key recurring areas of confusion and create corresponding content, whether written, visual, or webinars, and be able to partner with community contributors on documentation through wikis and other means. Primary Responsibilities:
Required Skills: [format: paragraph bold]
- Write new documentation such as user guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and technical support docs for key aspects of our open source Ethereum software, including command line tools, API reference documents, and architecture documents
- Proactively identify gaps in the documentation
- Work with developers, product managers, and subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment
- Edit and review content created by others for technical accuracy and clarity
- Assist the marketing team in creating other resources and thought leadership including tear sheets, case studies, and white papers
- Provide feedback to the product team on how our products might be made easier to use
- Construct scenarios to confirm understanding of functionality and validate by running our command line Ethereum client
Bonus Points for: [format: paragraph bold]
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- 5+ years experience working on software documentation, ideally for technical products aimed at developers and network administrators
- Must excel in a self-managed environment with minimal oversight
- Experience using version control systems, like Git, or similar
- Experience writing for or using command line tools
- Passion for blockchain and/or Ethereum
- Experience with Docs as Code workflow
- Experience with source code
- Previous work on open source projects (including volunteer work)
- Developer community experience and/or evangelism
- BA/BS degree
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We're passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment-apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role. Why join ConsenSys? [format: Heading 3] Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.