ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we work with the world's leading Fortune 500 corporations and governments to design, develop and deploy blockchain platforms that create real business value. Our customers and partners include many of the largest global banks, Microsoft, the European Commission, komgo and Covantis. We work as an agile, globally integrated team of approximately 150 engineers, designers, consultants, architects, scrum masters and program managers.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, visit consensys.net !The role
The QA Automation Engineer is a key contributor in ensuring we are able to deliver quality products to our end users. Acting as the gatekeeper between our development and user environments, they work meticulously to test and retest products, seeking out defects and driving their resolution with software engineers.
The QA Automation Engineer:
- Designs and develops test scripts that are reusable throughout the project.
- Builds new test frameworks and/or extends existing frameworks and configure tools to accommodate both functional and load testing.
- Ensures that no bug is discovered after release. They challenge all user scenarios and test cases to investigate all possibilities of failure.
- Enjoys scripting everything by themselves and working closely with Business Analysts and Tech Leads in order to make sure that all aspects of testing are covered.
- Has demonstrated a track record in terms of pushing the limits of automation, covering end to end testing by leveraging multiple components
Job requirements Required
- Define, propose and refine test strategies
- Conduct technology watch of available tools
- Propose test strategies appropriate to the situation
- Prepare corresponding flow charts and diagrams
- Define, propose and refine test framework
- Set-up testing tools and pipeline
- Evaluate functional and non-functional requirements together with Business Analyst and Tech Lead in order to propose and implement adequate testing frameworks
- Document all testing processes
- Administer and maintain all automation scripts and review all product changes in coordination with tech team in order to anticipate required changes
- Implement test cases
- Monitor functional and non-functional requirements in order to implement automated test cases
- Continuously and rigorously implement all test cases, evaluate results, and prepare corresponding test data and reports
- Occasionally define and perform manual testing, when appropriate
Bonus points for
- 5+ years experience as a QA Automation Engineer with experience in:
- Testing strategies and frameworks
- Test script development
- Experience with: functional and black-box testing, regression testing, system integration testing, load testing, manual testing
- Java coding skills and experience
- Knowledge of, and experience with:
- Testing tools (Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI, Junit, Eclipse)
- Security scanning tools (Veracode, Fortify, Checkmark)
- Chaos engineering (chaos monkeys, gremelins)
- Performance testing (SpeedTest, Jmeter)
- You should have experience working in an agile software development environment.
Other skills to demonstrate
- Professional certification in QA Engineering
- Some knowledge of blockchain is a plus, a willingness to learn is welcomed
Location and work environment
- Experience working on large Enterprise application development projects
- Experience with agile development process
- Enjoys teamwork, with strong communication and facilitation skills
- Self-sufficient, self-starter and a fast learner. Can take initiative and prioritize own work
- Curious and flexible attitude
At ConsenSys Professional Services, we do our best to allow team members to work remotely, however this is not always possible when working on Enterprise client projects. We strive to take into account the personal circumstances of our team members, and in return we ask for your understanding and flexibility.
We have physical offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris and Hong Kong. Some of our team members work from home in other countries and cities.
Occasional travel will be required for client meetings, and some projects may require being at the client's location. On average this happens 20% of the time, but this can vary between 0% and 100% depending on the project and period.
To be employed in a country, you need to have an existing employment visa in that country and speak the local language fluently.Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You'll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Continuous learning and improvement. You'll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects - challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here .