Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of stablecoins and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin, which now stands at a 2+ billion market cap and is adding more than 100 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce. What you'll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. What you'll be responsible for:
As a Senior Risk Analyst, you'll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience and mitigating the associated risks. You will closely monitor behaviours and analyse trends to draw insight around product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to suggest business logic that reduces the sources of financial and reputational risk for the business. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment. What you'll work on:
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Develop risk management policies and procedures as well as thorough Risk Frameworks for optimal decision making.
- Monitor fraud risks on an ongoing basis (on-boarding and post on-boarding) and identify ways to enhance our controls to minimise fraud risk and financial losses.
- Analyse fraud profiles and the type of fraud we are experiencing.
- Manage the dispute resolution process for all transactions involving our global merchant base. Proactively support Circle's merchants by coordinating the collection of evidence and documents relevant to particular dispute cases.
- Provide high quality support to our Customers on all risk related issues they encounter i.e risk / fraud guidance, troubleshooting, risk feature / control requests, etc
- Work on business account risk applications for our Payments API to safely onboard them to the Circle platform using a risk based approach.
- Work with risk tools, processes and procedures to increase efficiency of manual tasks, accuracy of decision making and quality of output to ensure long term scalability of all risk operations.
- Design Risk goals and KPIs to ensure constant performance improvements.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of all risk related documentation.
- Support all other Risk Team workload and business needs as required.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- 3+ years experience working in payments risk / chargeback roles.
- 3+ years experience working on chargeback disputes in the financial services industry.
- Extensive knowledge of card flows, payments, 3ds implications, fraud, chargeback and scheme rules and are able to provide detailed requirements to internal and external customers.
- Experience with transactional and fraud monitoring.
- Experience assessing the risk of businesses a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and find creative and scalable ways to solve problems. Always looking for ways to improve and make our processes more efficient.
- Bachelor's degree holder or equivalent.
- Interest and knowledge of risk, data and statistics.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments using time-management and prioritization skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.