Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
Coinbase's Core Retail team is responsible for building experiences around cryptocurrency that everyone will love. We are seeking a product manager to work in our Core Retail team. This PM will own the peer to peer payments product (P2P) and take it to the next level.
Coinbase is built on top of open finance protocols that have no limitations across borders, time zones, business hours, or holidays. As a result, Coinbase has built some magical experiences that enable people to send as little as 1 satoshi (one one-hundredth of a penny) anywhere in the world, instantly, for free. The P2P PM will take our existing payments product to new heights by designing, developing, and shipping features that completely uplevel this experience. What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Build the product vision and roadmap for peer to peer payments
- Evaluate and prioritize specific opportunities and use cases that transmitting crypto can solve
- Frame our P2P strategy in the context of competitors and alternatives
- Own product surface areas such as the sending, requesting, and receiving flow; user identifiers and public profiles; payment-based communication
- Collaborate with sister products like Coinbase Card and crypto loans to create outsized value: the whole is greater than the sum of the parts
- Consider how P2P payments can rethink our customer acquisition and engagement strategies
- 8+ years of previous experience in product management of one or more successful products or services
- Strong ability to craft a vision and realize it
- Solid understanding of the p2p payments space, cryptocurrencies, and how the intersection of the two can become a game-changer and competitive advantage
- Ability to thread the needle between product goals, user understanding, risk, legal, privacy, and regulatory constraints
- Ability to lead through influence. Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management and organizational skills.
- Alignment with our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.