Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values and culture here.
As a Customer Support Analyst, who specializes in payments, you'll join a team of passionate support professionals whose roles are essential to Coinbase achieving its mission. At Coinbase, we're determined to create a productive, progressive, inclusive place to work. If you're looking to work for a mission-driven, employee-first organization, please apply today.What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for fiat and crypto payment rails in Japan, including owning workflows, documentation and prep for new integrations and partnerships.
- Responsible for providing support for Coinbase customers by investigating, troubleshooting and resolving payments cases across multiple channels.
- Assist with translating and localizing support workflows and content based on market and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with internal and external partners in an effective, tactical and empathetic manner.
- Work with customer advocacy to operationalize and standardize new and existing policies, processes and procedures.
- Proactively drive impactful changes across workflows, policies and tools by working with internal support teams and vendor partners.
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic.
Nice to haves:
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Experience with payment processing, banking, cryptocurrency or other relevant operational domains.
- Must work in a defined shift, as required by the business.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments and partners.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast-paced organization.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English and Japanese.
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail, social and/or chat.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.